It was a sad day as we packed the van and left Florida, but it was a good day as we had a nice drive to North Carolina and got to see Jeff, Evy, Ryan, Lillie, Lauren, and their house.
The boys and I got up this morning at around 7 am and went swimming for the last time. The air was cooler than it has been, but the pool was as warm as always, so there was quite a bit of steam coming off the pool. We swam for half an hour and then got out to get ready to go.
We left the house at around 8:30 and headed to Ponderosa for their breakfast buffet. It was similar to the one we had at the Sizzlin Grill last week, but the quality of the food was a bit better. But hey, for $3.99, you can’t complain too much 🙂
After having breakfast and filling up the van, we were on the road by 10:06. Here is the timeline…
- 8:29 left the house (odometer at 141,118). Graham drove.
- 9:36 left Ponderosa
- 10:06 left gas station. Arrival time is estimated at 7:41
- 10:10 on the highway I-4
- 11:38 arrival time estimated at 7:30
- 11:39 – 11:47 at a rest stop. Arrival time at 7:34. NOTE: just before the rest stop we saw some burned out areas along the highway from the forest fires from a month or so ago
- 12:51 arrival time estimated at 7:20
- 12:54 crossed Florida/Georgia border (odometer at 141,429)
- 1:32-1:43 bathroom break and filled up van. Arrival time estimated at 7:25. Lisa started to drive
- 1:49 things don’t look quite as green as Florida
At some point along the way, I took this picture…
- 2:36 crossed Georgia/South Carolina border
- 3:17-3:25 bathroom break. Arrival time estimated at 7:25. Graham back to driving.
- 4:37-4:44 bathroom break. Arrival time estimated at 7:25
- 5:30 crossed South Carolina/North Carolina border
- 7:16 arrived at Jeff and Evy’s house
We had some pizza with everyone when we got there and some ice cream for dessert. The kids played around until around 10 pm and then went to bed.
As you can see, it didn’t take Christine long to dress up in Lillie’s and Lauren’s princess dresses (first Cinderella, then Aurora). She was in her glory.
After the rest of us crashed, Lisa and Evy stayed up until after 1 am. I’m sure they were talking about how great their husbands and kids are 🙂
We noticed lots of Ontario plates along the way. It was strange to see so many. We don’t know if it was because everyone else was like us going home, or if something else was going on.
The only license plate that we saw that we hadn’t seen the whole trip yet was South Dakota.
On Sunday we are going to Sacrament Meeting with Jeff & Evy, and then coming home to visit for a bit. We hope to be on the road by 1 pm.